You're viewing unmaintained documentation for an older version of OpenSesame. Click here to view the latest documentation!
Slow performance and troubleshooting
Forms can be slow, and this is especially noticeable if you are using text input on a slower system. If you find that forms are too slow, you can do a number of things:
- Switch to the legacy backend and set Double buffering to 'no' in the backend settings.
- Switch to the xpyriment backend and set OpenGL to 'no' in the backend settings. Important: This disables hardware acceleration and decrease the precision of the display-presentation timestamps.
- Reduce the number of elements on the form. The speed with which the form is rendered is directly proportional to the total surface of all its elements.
- If you are using the legacy backend, you may find that the forms do not show: The screen is black, except for an occasional flicker when you click the mouse. This issue can be resolved by setting Double buffering to 'no' in the backend settings.
- If you are using the legacy backend, you may find that the mouse cursor is not visible. For a workaround, see: