You're viewing unmaintained documentation for an older version of OpenSesame. Click here to view the latest documentation!
Release notes for 2.9.0
OpenSesame 2.9.0 is the first release in the 2.9 series. It offers major usability improvements over the 2.8 series. If you are upgrading from 2.8.3 or earlier, please also read the 2.8.3 release notes.
- Thanks to Nicky Anderson for her code contributions.
- Thanks to Eduard Ort for his contributions to the documentation.
- Thanks to Edwin Dalmaijer for his work on PyGaze.
- The radius keyword to circle sketchpad elements now specifies radius, instead of diameter
- Allow non-latin text input (#280)
- Clean up temporary files on Windows (#282)
- Fix incorrect line numbers in inline_script tracebacks (#281)
- Fix detection of uppercase keys in psycho backend (#271)
- Fix speciying synth frequency by key (#269)
- Redesigned sketchpad GUI
- Added quick-open-item feature
- Added toggle-item-maximization feature
- Drag-and-drop improvements
- Script and controls now simultaneously editable
- Realtime inline_script syntax checking
- Introduce GUI extension framework
- Update included libraries. See
- Includes a snapshot of PyGaze (0.5.0~opensesame-2)
- Includes a slightly patched version of PsychoPy 1.80.05 that addresses an important issue with keypress timestamps. (Unchanged from 2.8.2.)
OpenSesame 2.9.0 Python 2.7.6 (default, Nov 10 2013, 19:24:18) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] OpenCV is not available OpenCV2 2.4.9 QProgedit 2.0.4 Expyriment 0.7.0 (Revision 7a6b73d; Python 2.7.6) NumPy 1.8.1 PIL is available (version is unknown) PsychoPy 1.80.05-opensesame-1 PyAudio 0.2.8 PyGame 1.9.1release PyGaze 0.5.0~opensesame-2 Pyglet 1.1.4 PyOpenGL 3.1.0 PyQt 4.11.1 PySerial 2.7 python-bidi 0.3.4 python-markdown 2.4.1 SciPy 0.14.0