JATOS is a system for managing online experiments. It allows you to create accounts for experimenters, upload experiments, and generate links that you can distribute to participants.
Exporting your experiment to a JATOS study
- In OpenSesame, open the OSWeb extension (Menu → Tools → OSWeb)
- Click on 'Export experiment as JATOS study'
- Save your experiment as a
Importing your experiment in JATOS
- In JATOS, click on 'Import study' (Figure 1)
- Select the
.zipfile that you have exported from OpenSesame
- Once the file has been uploaded to the server, JATOS will ask you to confirm that you want to import the study
- Click on 'Import' to confirm
- The study now appears in the list of studies on the left-hand side (Figure 2)
How can I get access to a JATOS server?
There is not a single JATOS server. Rather, different organizations and people have installed JATOS onto their own servers.
For testing purposes:
- You can use the JATOS test server (Figure 3). The JATOS test server is reset every night, so you cannot use it for data collection!
For data collection:
- You can set up your own JATOS server, or use a JATOS server that is provided by your institution
- Or you can also make use of https://mindprobe.eu/, a free JATOS server sponsored by ESCoP and OpenSesame.