OpenSesame is a program to create experiments for psychology, neuroscience, and experimental economics. The latest stable version is 3.3.6 Lentiform Loewenfeld, released on Dec 4, 2020 (release notes).
- A user-friendly interface — flexible yet easy-to-use
- Includes Rapunzel, a standalone code editor for numerical computing
- Python — add the power of Python to your experiment
- Use your devices — use your eye tracker, button box, EEG equipment, and more.
- Free — released under the GPL3
- Crossplatform — Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Android (runtime only)
- Run your experiments online
- Mathôt, S., Schreij, D., & Theeuwes, J. (2012). OpenSesame: An open-source, graphical experiment builder for the social sciences. Behavior Research Methods, 44(2), 314-324. doi:10.3758/s13428-011-0168-7