OpenSesame is a program to create experiments for psychology, neuroscience, and experimental economics. The latest stable version is 3.3.8 Lentiform Loewenfeld, released on Feb 19, 2021 (release notes).
Also try Rapunzel (included with the Windows packages), a modern code editor for numerical computing with Python and R.
- A user-friendly interface — flexible yet easy-to-use
- Includes Rapunzel, a standalone code editor for numerical computing
- Python — add the power of Python to your experiment
- Use your devices — use your eye tracker, button box, EEG equipment, and more.
- Free — released under the GPL3
- Crossplatform — Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Android (runtime only)
- Run your experiments online
- Mathôt, S., Schreij, D., & Theeuwes, J. (2012). OpenSesame: An open-source, graphical experiment builder for the social sciences. Behavior Research Methods, 44(2), 314-324. doi:10.3758/s13428-011-0168-7