OpenSesame is a tool to create experiments for psychology, neuroscience, and experimental economics. The latest stable version is 3.0.5 Interactive Ising, released on Jan 7, 2016 (release notes).
- A comprehensive graphical user interface – flexible and easy-to-use
- Support for Python scripting – add the power of Python to your experiment
- Support for external devices – use your eye tracker, button box, EEG equipment, etc.
- Free and open source – released under the GPL3
- Crossplatform – runs on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Android (runtime only)
More downloads, tutorials, and forum
To cite OpenSesame in your work, please use the following reference:
Mathôt, S., Schreij, D., & Theeuwes, J. (2012). OpenSesame: An open-source, graphical experiment builder for the social sciences. Behavior Research Methods, 44(2), 314-324. doi:10.3758/s13428-011-0168-7